Saturday, July 24, 2004

Sweet Melissa


Sweet Melissa Posted by Hello

This is our ten-year-old Alaskan Malamute, Sweet Melissa Marie, who recently lost her yardmate, Calvin, to Lymphoma.  She has, since the loss of Calvin, become quite needful.

She rarely leaves my side or, if she's more than five feet away from me, she keeps her attention focused on me to see if I'm going to modify our daily routine at all.  She is obsessive about our routine, which begins at about 6:30 every day with a run in the park Our day generally does not end without a walk to another park before lunch and, if it isn't too hot, another two mile walk when David comes home from work.  Then, of course, dinner; a drink for me with some teevee and a few slices of cheese for Melissa.

Melissa sleeps in the house.  She has, since Calvin's death, become anxious and uncomfortable in the back yard and will not stay in the back yard by herself.  In fact, if she has to do her business she will not do it in the back yard unless I physically go out there with her and wait until she is done.

She is my buddy, my companion.  David and I love her very much.

 









































No comments: