Thursday, September 30, 2004

Rainy Day - First Debate and Druidry

It's raining today in Denver. Melissa and I did, however, make it to the park and we did run the lake. We saw only two other people; both runners. No dogs, though. Melissa was sorely disappointed.

Rereading my last two posts, it struck me that I'm sounding a wee bit like a Druid; looking for answers and wisdom from the lake Melissa and I circumnavigate each morning. Maybe I am a Druid. Wouldn't that perk-up my most Catholic mother's soul!

Well, the first debate is tonight. I'm wondering if, for example, some of the issues
Molly Ivins raises will be thrown out there for a response from Dumbya? Probably not. Will Kerry get off his polite, presidential persona for just five minutes and maybe, kinda get a little fire in his soul and ask Dumbya the important questions? Probably not. And, not because he couldn't do it, but, rather, because the "rules" of the debate appear to be quite restrictive, structured.

We'll see. Hoping for the best.

Got an email from Marla, my dear friend who lives in CRAWFORD, Colorado -- yes, I kid you not, Colorado has a Crawford, too -- with her husband Charley; two donkeys named Brown Barney (my buddy) and Blue Barney; about ten dogs; three or four cats and a wonderful horse named Sooner. Some of you may be aware that the Colorado Crawford is somewhat known because Joe Cocker used to own a bar down there and it was -- still is -- a major biker thoroughfare through Southwestern Colorado. It's located not far from the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.

Boy, is this a lazy, raining day or what?

Maybe more later.





No comments: