Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Thoughts, Sense and Nonsense

Every day I read the Denver Post, the Rocky Mountain News, and, online, I read the Washington Post, the New York Times, AlterNet and AlterNet Peek. All of this input, first of all, to keep me informed; but, secondly, to keep up this blog; to continue to preach the polemic in opposition to the most insidious and absolutely successful machinations of neocon liars and historical revisionists ever -- no, I won't use that word -- historical revisionists to emerge during my lifetime.

Why do I make this effort?

Sometimes, I think the pictures I post are the most important reflections of life in my particular little spot on this earth. The ducks and the geese; Sweet Melissa (my Alaskan Malamute); the wonderful trees and the lake at Berkeley and the squirrels and the birds and, oh, so many images of what life is here in my particular comfortable corner of the earth. What matter the Washington Post and the New York Times?

Sweet Melissa's (picture below) recent bout with unexplained diarrhea has resulted in a $700 visit to the animal hospital where an ultrasound was conducted (of her bowel and leaving her sweet little tummy pink and hairless). She was given a powder antibiotic which, I have googled, is given to chickens and cows and other livestock. They also gave her a general dewormer. She is, I am so happy to report, doing much better. Her eleven-year-old hips are for shit and she's limping slighting on her right front paw. But, the most immediate threat, the diarrhea has been conquered.

Now, as a good, gay, patriotic, progressive, liberal, community-activist, tax-paying citizen what then becomes more important? Is it the Washington Post and the New York Times that drives my passion; that spurs me to action and reaction?

You know what? At least for today, fuck the Washington Post and the New York Times , fuck Dubya and his minions, fuck the United States Congress -- fucking Democrats included -- which, alas, haven't the gumption, the balls, the courage to do the right thing (witness the recent bankruptcy legislation) for the American people. Yes, fuck them all.

At least, for today, my passion, my prayers, my thanks is for Sweet Melissa. That's the extent of my interest in the world ... at least for today.

No comments: