Wednesday, December 15, 2004

J'accuse

The details are probably unimportant, but the lesson, the revelations are important.

Suffice it to say, I believed that a fellow blogger -- someone on my "Worth a Read" list -- had posted an inappropriate comment on one of my picture posts and, additionally, had provided a comment on one of my posts that was, well, absurd. My reaction: I removed the blogger from my "Worth a Read" list.

It's funny. I don't really mean funny, but probably instructive that, through consistently reading the posts of fellow bloggers, we get an idea, some little insight into the character, the essential core of the blogger. And, unfortunately, I didn't rely upon my gut in wrongly assuming that a fellow blogger had done me wrong.

I suppose the lesson I've learned is, unlike other resources on the web, bloggers do, indeed, provide the essential truths of themselves in their posts; that bloggers -- at least the ones I read -- are good and decent people who are just trying to find their way. Or, have found their way and are just reporting the joys of that discovery.

Anyway, I apologize to the blogger who I assumed was responsible for the inappropriate comments on two of my posts.

Blog on, good people.


1 comment:

John Grout said...

Keep on blogging, George. Many of us enjoy your insights into human nature and the world around (all of) us. There are always going to be those out there that feel they know it all, but none of us really do. And, until Bush takes away the rest of our rights, please continue doing what you do: chronicling your life, providing us with your level-headed opinion, sharing your research, and entertaining us with your charm and wit. Not long ago your attack blogger would have been accused of using a poisoned pen; today would that be referred to as a poisoned keyboard?