Sunday, November 21, 2004

Steam on the Lake. Love and doves.


Posted by Hello

It was twenty-six degrees this morning when Melissa and I made our run of the lake. Afterwards, after I had put her back in the Explorer and given her water, I grabbed the camera and walked half-way around the lake to get a few shots of the steam rising from the water.

It wasn't until I got home and downloaded the pictures that I saw the red sign in the upper right portion of the picture: LOVE and doves.

I don't know where this sign is erected and I'm not sure how long it's been there ... wherever. But, I'm really disturbed that it made its way into my picture of the lake on this frigid morning. I think it's crude and intrusive. I think it's something that one might expect to see on the strip in Las Vegas next to one of those little chapels where Elvis can be your best man and Dolly Parton, your bridesmaid, if you're of a mind to get married -- (uh, heterosexuals only, of course.)

Tacky.

Anyway, the shot of the walking/running track (above this post) is pretty good. The track was covered -- at seven this morning -- with a layer of hard, packed ice.

By the way, it warmed up; the sun is shining and most of the two or so inches of snow that fell yesterday and overnight has already melted.

Gotta' find out about that damned sign though...

No comments: