Friday, November 12, 2004

They Have Returned!


Posted by Hello

The hoards of Canadian Geese have returned to Berkely Park/Lake for the winter. Their greenish-black poop covers, of course, most of the grass and certainly a good portion of the running surface around the lake. I mean, what's a goose to do as he/she crosses the road from the lake to the grass? Poop. And, they do. Prolifically.

[I'll put this in brackets because I'm ashamed to report that Melissa is fascinated with the poop. She eats it! Ugh!]

It was only thirty degrees this morning as Melissa and I ran around the lake. It's another relatively gray day in Denver, as we anticipate a bit of snow tomorrow.

And, as we ran around the lake I thought a bit about this blog ... about blogs in general and what purpose they serve; why we devote so much time to them.

For me, the answer is easy: It keeps me writing. It keeps me reading. It keeps me thinking. And, most of the other blogs I enjoy reading are obviously kept up for the same reasons.

Then, other blogs read like schoolgirl's diaries which, I suppose -- for those who think that sort of posting is important, interesting, fulfilling -- provides a good outlet for what otherwise would be dismissed as sophomorish diatribe. But, I find I just don't have the time anymore to read such stuff and nonsense. (Now -- after having written what I just did -- it occurs to me that I may, indeed, be a pointy-headed liberal elitist!)

Of course, I suspect some have happened upon this blog and concluded the same thing ... stuff and nonsense.

Well, along with the somewhat annoying return of the Canadian Geese to our wonderful park (actually, their poop is annoying, they aren't) I write, read and think on; enjoying each day's new revelations and reflections.

By the way: Stiff Little Finger has begun writing again and I urge you take a look.

No comments: