Sunday, September 19, 2004

Painting our Old House - Part II


Our Painted Lady - Repainting of rear, west side and front is finished. Just the east side to go. Posted by Hello

Well, it's almost done and I think the contrast between the old paint job and the new is striking. David and I will move the thirty-two foot ladder into our next door neighbor Sue's yard in the next several days. And, although I haven't really stuck to one of the most important protocols of the painting art -- start at the top -- for most of the house, I believe I will do so with east side. The dormer is smaller on that side than on the west side and there is certainly not as much detail painting as the front encompassed. So, the east side should be finished, hopefully before we get too far into fall.

Since this is such an exciting post, I guess I'll report that we're having a garage built in the back yard, the pad for which was poured on Friday. Even though Melissa has refused to linger for longer than ten minutes in the back yard since Calvin died, she did inspect the contractor's work and it apparently met with her approval. Tomorrow, Monday, I am told by the contractor, that the garage will be totally constructed by late afternoon. Now, if I could only get my Lincoln back from the body shop in order to have something to put in it.

As I said, this is such an exciting post that I'm sure it's causing excited ripples across the blogosphere. But, for a Sunday evening, it's a respectable effort.

Oh, added a counter to the site today. Thought it would be fun to see if anybody is taking a look at this stuff.






1 comment:

John Grout said...

Wow, George, the house looks fantastic! And a new garage by Monday afternoon?! Amazing. See, it really was an exciting post!