Friday, December 31, 2004

God's Plan

Okay, fine. My prior post God is Great, God is Good brought a comment from Anonymous as follows:

"Anonymous said...
For the Lord is the one who shaped the mountains, stirs up the winds, and reveals his everythought. He turns the light of dawn into darkness and treads the mountains under his feet. The Lord God Almighty is his name! Amos 4:13


God's ways are as hard to discern as the pathwyas of the wind, and as mysterious as a tiny baby being formed in a mother's womb.Ecclesiastes 11:5

I think there are things we will not understand about God until we meet him, but I trust his plan is for the good."

Okay, even though I responded to this sad, sad comment on the post itself, I've got to expand a little. God, I've got to expand...

How wonderful it would be, how fucking wondeful it would be to just blithely go on about my merry way dismissing 125,000 or more dead and the possibility of just as many, if not more, dying from the effects (contaminated water supplies, filth, disease) of the South Asia disaster, as God's Plan, as God's fucking Plan and just sit back in my easy chair and wait for the 700 Club to flash on the tube with, undoubtedly the same fucking message: "The Lord works in mysterious ways."

Oh, man... Stay out of my way right now, 'cause if "...His plan is for the good," then I'm ready to bust some fucking Christian ass and send some fucking comfortable bible-thumping muthahfuckers to the emergency room.

Have a great New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa whoa whoooaa, George. I think you are overreacting to a somewhat mild response in regard to your thoughts on the horrible tsunami. Whoever wrote to you was NOT obnoxious, actually quite polite, and was just a reader, I presume, who wanted to express his or her view. It's probably a good thing that he/she remained anonymous. (see your second to last line)

Unknown said...

Oh, Lord... Let me quote Dan Bern, from his song, "One Thing Real:"

And Jesus he comes up to me
Jesus, he sits down
Says, "Take this fucking cross off my back
I'm going downtown"
I said "Oh, but ain't that your uniform?"
He offers me a toke
He says "Two thousand years is long enough
for this particular joke."
He says "I'm lookin' for one thing real tonight"

One thing real does NOT encompass anonymous comments that suggest the South Asia event is God's good plan. Polite or not, anonymous comments are cowardly and, yes, in this instance, anonymous can take his fucking bible verses and shove them where the sun don't shine!

Unknown said...

Just a P.S.

Since when is it not appropriate for the author of a post to provide feedback on comments from others?

This immense Blogosphere is the most incredible, far-reaching, informative and, hopefully, thought-provoking marektplace of ideas ever to exist on this good earth. And, my ideas, my thoughts, my reactions to comments are as valid as the next persons.

Who wrote the rule that comments to a post are somehow exempt from response by the author of the post?

Ya'll anonymous commenters need to 1) get some balls and reveal who you really are; and 2) get a life!