Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Yesterday's Post and Duh! You Democrats

I read yesterday's post this morning and wondered what dyslexic drunk had created that strange piece, 'cause I sure didn't do it. I have only one explanation: yesterday was a bad asthma day, and I was pumping in the the Albuterol like it was candy. Whether or not Albuterol can make you a little crazy, I happened to look at the doctor's directions on the box which advise that one should suck that stuff in only once every six hours. I'm new to this. Or, let me say that my childhood asthma has returned with a particular vengence and, after forty or more years, I'm sucking on inhalers again. Yesterday, I was taking a hit about once every half-hour which, I guess, is really not a good idea ... witness yesterday's post. However, I have fixed yesterday's post and sincerely hope anyone who tried to read it before it was fixed will, at least, take into consideration that I was overdosing on Albuterol.

Is it possible to overdose on Albuterol? I don't know. But, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Now, Duh! you Democrats. The November 3rd Theses seems, for me, to capture pretty much what's been dawning on my small brain after the November 2nd revelation that you guys, you Democrats, have lost your soul and really need to rethink and redirect where you're going or where you want to go. The Depression is gone -- now by more that seventy years. You beat the Hun and Tojo in the last Great War. You gave us minimum wage and social security.

Pat on the back, Democrats, for what you've done for America. But, now, please understand, as the November 3rd Theses advises, "Insanity is continuing to do the same things over and over again and expecting a different result."

I am proud not to be registered in Denver as a Democrat, but, rather, as "unaffiliated" which, I guess, gives me some little integrity. I once wrote that, "Democrats are moved by some virulent devil -- or angel? -- to assume the role of dissatisfied, disorganized, self-disturbing individuals whose only redemption is that their base of inclusion is so broad and their hearts are, generally, so big that their appeal will, more often than not, get them where they want to go -- in relation to success at the polls, that is. One wonders, occasionally if this society of ours would be infinitely better off without the, at times, destructive influences of the Democratic Party. Indeed, the propensity of Democrats to court trouble moved Clare Boothe Luce to observe that, 'The Democratic Party has a vested interest in depression at home and war abroad. Its leaders are always troubadours of trouble; crooners of catastrophe. Public confusion on vital issues is Democratic weather. A Democratic President is doomed to proceed to his goals like a squid, squirting darkness all about him.'"

"...depression at home and war abroad..." Goodness, sounds a little like Dubya's accomplishments to date.

In my own experience, Denver Democrats have always been odd characters -- something like the legendary Colorado Jackalope who hasn't, to this day, figured out if it is a jackrabbit or an antelope. Yes, Denver Democrats have tended to be the most confused and confusing, disorganized, dissatisfied, raucous, rude, crude, ill-mannered and sometimes violent bunch of buffoons and bumpkins, ward heelers and wheelers and dealers that have ever had the superb temerity to present themselves to the good citizens of Denver as serious candidates for serious public offices.

But, admittedly, in Denver Democrats rule. I believe Kerry carried Denver by more than seventy percent and, for the first time in many, many years, the Colorado Legislature has a Democratic majority in both houses.

But, nationally, things have gotta' change. I think Democrats really need to take a serious look at the fundamentalist Christian movement which, after Pat Robertson (700 Club, Christian Broadcasting Network) aggressively participated in Presidential primaries in, I believe, 1988 -- and actually won or came in second in a few -- and, as a result, got a pretty good grounding in the art of American politics. Coming away from his experience, Robertson began a methodical, aggressive, intelligent campaign, precinct by precinct throughout America, to organize the faithful; to prepare for the enormous victory they finally achieved in 2004.

The November 3rd Theses proclaims, in essence, that liberalism is dead. I agree.

Now, the hard work begins.


P.S. Wellington Webb, Denver's ex-Mayor is pushing hard to become the Chairman of the Democratic National Committee. I really like Wellington, but, hey, he's a traditional Democrat who understands the old-style politics; the same old shit the Democrats have been pushing for decades. I think the Democrats need new blood; young blood; aggressive, firery leaders whose vision can transcend the traditional Democratic -- what has become -- myopia.


No comments: