Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve - Thoughts and Nonsense

After two nights with temperatures in the single digits, Berkeley Lake (where Sweet Melissa and I run each morning) is frozen over. The geese and the ducks have left the lake. Only the gulls remain. I wonder where the geese and the ducks go?

David and I are having John and Fred and maybe Brian over for Christmas Eve dinner today. Brian, unfortunately, is babysitting three dogs -- one with special needs -- and may not be able to make it. David -- who becomes an eight-year-old child during Christmastime -- is already busily putting the meal together as I write this post. We're having ham and the fixin's. And, AND, David is making John's favorite desert, Key Lime pie. Kewl, huh!

Tomorrow, David and I will head over to my nephew and niece's new home for Christmas (presents, pictures, dinner) with my family. David's family is in Washington State (Yakima) and since he has gone back there twice already this year, he won't be with them on Christmas. His mom -- who beat breast cancer -- just had open heart surgery to replace a valve and perform a triple bypass. Perform? I guess that's the right word. Sounds like a tap dance or something.

Oh, by the way, congratulations to Dunner who got his LSAT (Law School Admission Test) score back. He reports that the score equals his weight ... sometimes. His reported weight is 165, which is a very, very good score.

Well, probably ought to help David downstairs in the kitchen. Just being within his space is infectious; his Christmas giddiness pervades all.

Lastly, God bless the men and women fighting Dubya's war(s) around the world. Let's bring them home.

In case you're wondering, I'm not really sure who or what God is. My very first post with regard to Dr. Laura provided this: "Yes, and when Dr. Laura gets to the Pearly Gates, perhaps God -- who is probably a three-hundred pound black dyke who doesn't shave her legs or armpits and just loves little skinny Jewish ladies; perhaps God will stare Dr. Laura right between the eyes and say: 'You've got a lot of explaining to do, young lady!!!'"

Okay. I'll end this here. Merry Christmas (Christian or not) and please pray (whatever it is you do at the end of the day, as you stare into the darkness just before sleep) for peace; food for the starving; comfort for the sick and hurting and (just between you and me) that Santa brings me a pony.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Ryan Dunn said...

Let's just say I'm "listed" at 165, but my driver's license says 170. :-)