Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Sense and Nonsense

Yeah, I admit it, I've neglected my blog for several days. A couple reasons: I've got this upper respiratory thing and that, along with my damned asthma, has left me feeling a little down; also, I've been working on the final tweaks to my first finished novel (a lot of us have, what?, ten novels started and none finished!) and that has/is taking some serious time to complete.

What bothers me most about the respiratory stuff is that today is the first day I've run since Thursday. Running has become a daily obsession and when I miss a day it's not only depressing but I can actually feel the nasty calories and carbs cavorting within me; delighted with my sudden sedentary self.

It's obvious that Sweet Melissa's eleven-year-old hips are beginning to fail her and I have stopped taking her on my daily run. I walk her first thing in the morning and then I head for the park and do my thing. She's contracted what the Vet thinks is giardia (intestinal parasites) and he's put her on flagyl ... a pretty potent antibiotic. I believe she probably contracted this nasty stuff by eating goose poop. She loves the stuff.

Well, I do have a great deal of proofreading and formatting to complete on the novel. Now, the hard part starts: selling it.

As to world events and the machinations of Dubya and his minions... Give me a couple days. My focus is elsewhere right now.

Be safe.

No comments: