Thursday, July 07, 2005

Is a Military Draft in the Cards for you Young'uns?

I came across this site and even though it appears to be a rather morbid tongue-in-cheek attempt to raise the specter of a new military draft, it does provide some credible information.

Although I was "Regular Army" (I volunteered) many of the boys/men with whom I served were draftees.

Just to give you young'uns a little taste of what might be in store for you, I'm posting my Delta 1-1 group photo from what was probably the last week of our Basic Combat Training at Fort Polk, Louisiana. I'll probably have some further narrative to add to this picture. For me, the Army was the loss of innocence store, which I may expound upon further.

Can you find George? If you can, I'll send you a free copy of my novel (once it's finally published).

Incidentally, blogspot's picture utility doesn't seem to be working. So, I'll post the picture via flickr, below? above?

No comments: