Saturday, October 09, 2004

Missing Calvin


Calvin E. Rowe Posted by Hello

I am missing Calvin immensely, tonight. David has flown off to visit with his family in Eastern Washington state (Yakima Valley) and I am missing his namesake, Calvin E. Rowe, who passed from us on March 14th, of this year from the insidious effects of lymphoma.

Calvin was such a handsome boy. One-hundred and thirty pounds of the essence of pure Alaskan Malamute; a gregarious boy who, one day in the front yard after a particularly heavy rainfall, pulled his daddy -- me -- to the ground as he lunged to examine the passing of another dog across the sidewalk. Oh, he was a strong, powerful, boy.

I loved Calvin immensely. And -- even though she won't admit it -- Melissa Marie did also love our beautiful, robust little boy, Calvin.

Oh, well... LIfe goes on.... I can only hope/pray thar Calvin is chasing rabbits along with Eddie, John's wonderful Greyhound, up there, somewhere, where I hope, someday, I will be privileged to exist; to become some little presence amongst the glee, the utter happiness of our canine friends; our companions.






1 comment:

Brechi said...

Awww.....what a cute pup....I'm sure Calvin is looking down on this post with lots of tail-wagging :)